Traveling with a medical condition

Hello! So this week was all about my upcoming holiday break. That's means tracking down my suitcase, making a list of what clothes to bring and of course organizing all the details that come with traveling across the country with a medical condition.
There is the supplies, like you have to bring enough of each thing. Even if you've only ever used something once, there is still a chance you may need it and the most important thing to know about packing for travel is "it's better to have it but not need it than to need it but not have it". At the same time, you only have so much space in your suitcase. Generally I bring the amount I would normally use plus 3-5 extras.
Another thing you have to plan ahead for is any deliveries that will need to be shipped to a different location. Sometimes your supplier might not have a pharmacy near where you will be and they might need to ship it to you some other way, like UPS or something.
One of the most important things you have to before traveling (air travel only) is getting a official letter from you doctor and printed out versions of all your orders. Sometimes security at airports are nice and they check your stuff and then they are done. Other times they won't. They will want official proof that it is for a medical reason. I've been through so many different situations at airports. I've walked through security without them even saying anything, and I've also had to be pat down by a security guard so really anything can happen.
The most important thing around the holidays getting ready for travel is that every time you talk to and get help from doctors, nurses, coordinators and pharmacists.... Always say Happy Holidays! People are much more likely to go out of their way to help you if you are polite.
Lastly, enjoy and relax. The holidays are the perfect time to take it easy. If you've been stressed because of school or medical reasons, Take It Easy!! This year I am at my grandparents in California and I have been relaxing and getting some sunshine. I hope that anyone who is reading this with a medical situation stays healthy this holiday season and I hope that everyone has a fantastic holiday. Thanks for reading. Yours Truly, Celia.

Comments

Popular Posts