Post-Holiday Craziness!

Hello all! I hope that everyone had a great holiday! I certainly did! I got to see all my friends and family living in California, i got to eat some of my favorite foods from restaurants in my home town (Super-Mex, Angelo Da-Vincis, In-N-Out), and i got a new camera! Since then these last 2 weeks have been so hectic, i haven't had a chance to blog much.  There was the regular post-holiday stress that comes with trying to revert back to normal life, plus i had to deal with some added medical issues.
Right after christmas my stomach began to hurt. I assumed that it was just due to the food i had eaten. I mean considering that my stomach and intestines have been through so much over the years, it wouldn't surprise me that they maybe couldn't deal with the constant amount of rich holiday time foods that i was consuming. I mean it was probably fine with the cinnamon swirl french toast and the triple cheese pizza, but i probably went a little far with the roast beef and constant supply of cookies :)
So originally i just took a day to rest and then tried to take it easy for the rest of my california trip. Once we got home i was still sick and had become very dehydrated. On Friday i was still not better so i went to the doctors and was checked into the hospital. I had become so dehydrated that i had lost weight and had almost no strength. 2 days of round the clock fluids and calories later my stomach stops hurting and I'm back to eating a regular diet. The doctors think that i got a regular virus and that because its so easy for me to get dehydrated, i just wasn't able to catch up on fluids enough for my stomach to heal.
While at the hospital i passed the time in my usual ways. I read, i slept, i watched tv... until it broke and then i watched movies on a different tv (The Devil wears Prada (a classic) and The Notebook (all my nurses kept coming in and crying :D)) and i did homework. Every-time this happens i always feel like i learn something new. This time i learned that dehydration effects me even more than i originally thought. Not only does it make you tired, but it made so i couldn't even eat. Since beginning to write this blog i have had doctor-patient relationships on my mind, and it was really obvious to me how much it helped this situation. My doctors could see that i wasn't feeling normal. My doctor said that just by walking in the room he could see right off the bat that something was up. I was able to trust my doctor to fix whatever the problem was. Once i was on the mend, my doctor left it up to me to decide when i felt well enough to begin to eat and in turn i was able to trust that my doctor would get me out as soon as possible.
I have now returned to school and have quickly caught up on schoolwork. Next week is midterms and i am quickly starting to get prepared. I find that every-time i am absent for periods of time, i get better and better at getting make-up work and quickly catching up in school. This time, every single one of my teachers emailed me back on friday and were able to send me all the work i had missed. I got it all done during the weekend and am now completely caught up! I took my last make-up test today and it dawned on me that i had no more work.
Anyways, i will be studying like crazy this weekend, getting ready for 6 exams!! Luckily i have my cat to keep me company as she tries to find the best way for her to lie on top of every piece of paper i have out on my desk while still getting pet. Well wishes to anyone taking exams these next couple weeks. Im sure ill have more to say soon. Thanks for reading! Bye!

Comments

  1. Good post and useful information.Thanks for sharing the Post.special holiday packages in India

    ReplyDelete
  2. An eye opening story. It has both humor and a message. Don't only read it with entertainment perspective but also read between the lines.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts