Anxious Gut


Hey everyone! Oh my gosh! My life has been soo hectic! Every single time i turn around there's another make-up test or person i need to talk to. I've been meaning to write every single day for the past 5 days and i just haven't  had a free second. But here i am, ready to give you all some knowledge that popped into the forefront of my head this past week. 
So last time i posted i mentioned how anxiety really affects the gut. Well today I'm going to talk about emotions. So since getting out of the hospital i have noticed some interesting things about my body. Having to keep such close tabs on myself has made me much more in tune with what's going on and what causes things. I've discovered that not only are the scientist correct when they say this but it's the same for every emotion. I'm a teenager. That basically means that i go through about a hundred different emotions everyday. "Hurray, i got an A","Aw man i failed""everything is awesome", "everything is terrible", "This is so much fun", "This is the worst day ever". These thoughts go through my head so fast that i don't even have a chance to think about them for too long before i start freaking out about something else. But i have noticed that my body reacts to that. When i am feeling really happy, and really good about myself, i automatically feel better. Not necessarily for the big things. Like just because your happy doesn't mean your foots not broken. but still, especially in reliance to the intestines and stomach. When i am sad or angry or frustrated about something, thats when i tend to get stomach aches a lot. When i am happy and i smile a lot, i don't have as many stomach aches. Also, when you go to school everyday enjoying life, the small aches and pains that come with having a medical condition tend to sink into the background. 
While this can be a very good thing, it also means that when i start getting stressed out about make-up work or friends, my stomach starts to act up. With this new knowledge i have gone to school with a very different attitude. i have always been a person that does well in high stress situations. I like working really hard and really fast and my mind can do lots of things at once. But now i know that it's not a good idea to just work work work and then completely exhaust yourself. 
Anyway, that was just a little insight into something i've realized recently. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. If you have anything to add, any questions or just want to say hi leave it in the comments below. Thanks so much for reading. This is Celia, signing off.

Comments

  1. So true. I have noticed the same thing and I don't even have a medical condition. It's hard not to get excited and stuff. I like to read books and watch TV to de-stress.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts