Reprise of Anxious Gut

Hello all!! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week filled with beautiful late spring days. I am currently taking some time off here in the hospital. I will write about that another time however because this post is all about anxious gut.
Anxious gut is caused by being stressed, nervous or frustrated. When you are anxious you intestines actually pick up on that and it can cause stomach aches and more some people can actually make you sick. If you haven't read my previous post about anxious gut, i would suggest reading that first however its up to you.
A couple weeks ago my orchestra went to states championships to get scored on the state level. All throughout the day my nerves were increasingly frazzled. I was really excited but i was also really nervous that we wouldn't do well, that i wouldn't do well, that my cello would internally combust while i was playing on stage. By the time we got to the competition, my stomach was in knots.
In this post i want to address what to do when you do get anxious gut, cuz you can't always just try to stay calm and reduce stress. Sometimes you are gonna get it and you have to be able to deal with it.
My best suggestion would be to take some deep breaths of fresh air. Then you should switch your position. If you are sitting and you feel bad, take a walk. If you are standing, take a seat. My other suggestion is to give your stomach a break. Yes, you should keep your energy up by eating stuff but if your stomach begins to hurt try to eat simple things and give your stomach a chance to recover after you preform or finish the test etc.
Finally i am going to reiterate what i said in my previous blog, try to chill. Take a chance to relax. Last week i took my AP English Language and Composition test and i was able to avoid getting anxious gut by studying the day before and then taking a break. I took the chance to just get my room clean and relax. The next morning i woke up on time, ate some breakfast and listened to music so that i could be calm and ready for the test.
Anyway i hope that helps some people. I will talk to you ll soon. :) I hope you all have a wonderful day. Bye!!!

Comments

Popular Posts