College Question #13

Hey Everybody! I hope you all didn't miss me too much. I have been so busy that my new blog every Tuesday plan didn't go exactly as well as I'd hoped. As in, I didn't the first week and then this past week didn't realize I'd missed it until today.
If you couldn't tell already I am a tad bit busy :) With college applications, school assignments and medical stuff to keep me busy I haven't had a chance to just sit in front of my laptop and think for a while. Way too long in my opinion so for this blog I am going to just tell you all about something that's been on my mind. With all the college application prompts and questions being a constant part of my life recently, I have had to think about some interesting parts of my life. When you are asked a question like "What is the Most Difficult or Challenging thing you have ever done?" you have to think at all the things that have happened in your life. In just the 17 years I have been alive I have experienced lots of difficult or challenging things. I have moved across the country away from so many loved ones, it still aches sometimes that I wasn't able to grow up around those wonderful people. But by moving here I got to become closer with my moms side of the family and meet lots of new friends that are constantly changing my perspective on life. I am also still in touch with all of those wonderful people and see them as much as I can ( Hi guys, if you're reading this!!)  I've had to go through many stays in the hospital and numerous surgeries, all painful and all able to make me doubt myself. And yet, through all those surgeries and hospital visits I have been able to form a really great relationship with my current doctors and understand even more how to care for myself.
So I thought I have to look for something smaller. Something that was challenging but that didn't effect the whole rest of my life. Failing a class for the first time and having to retake it when I was a year older than everyone else taking the class was hard. But it helped me really understand the topic and realize that it wasn't my fault I had failed and that retaking a class was nothing to feel embarrassed about. I also got to meet some really amazing people that are still my friends. Getting in a really big fight with one of my friends and not speaking to her for a long time was difficult, and yet now we are closer than ever. Becoming a teenager and having to go through the "every night is a yelling match" years with my mom. Now that, was hard. But now I think we're much closer than before.
I could have even responded with a cheeky "this essay!" Instead I thought of something that seems like it wouldn't be hard but I remember how scared I was when I started that I decided it was going to be my response.
My most Challenging/Difficult thing I have ever done was when I first started going out in public hooked up to my IV. Ever since I was little my medical condition was a part of me that only people really close to me knew about, and everyone else got to see me as a fun, happy, normal girl. I didn't want to be different, know as "sick girl". Kids and teachers from my small elementary school knew, my family knew and so did some family friends. But eventually I was getting sick all the time from dehydration. It was stopping me from being able to do things I wanted to. So I took the plunge and went out with my fluid bag in a little back pack... and no-one noticed. Everyone was so focused on their own lives, too busy to notice a girls IV peeking out from her back pack. And I began to realize, why would anyone care? Answer: they wouldn't!
I am not completely over this yet, I still don't feel comfortable going to school hooked up. However I have learned that eventually one day i will be able to.
I hope everyone is well and not suffering from high temperatures and levels of humidity like we are here. Please don't forget to like, subscribe, and follow me on facebook for updates on new posts and what I'm up to. Ciao!

Comments

  1. Celia, you are a beautiful writer! I am enjoying reading about your journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts