Government Shutdown Day 2

Hello everyone! I hope you all are well and enjoying the change of the seasons. So I thought I would just give a little update on how things are going in my life. 
Senior year has been harder and yet more rewarding than any other year of High School so far. I have a lot more homework and have so much to do I have had to prioritize work over things i enjoy like going to the gym. But I've also had some of the most interesting classes, with some of the best teachers that I've had since starting High School. With college applications deadlines right around the corner and taking the SAT on Saturday it's a wonder I'm still functioning properly. ;) And yet, this year I have the biggest support system I've ever had. I've re-conected with some old friends in California, I have been staying in contact with all my friends that went off to college, and I've gotten to help run a super fun club at our school, making lots of new friends along the way. 
I've also realized that 24 hours is too short when 8 hours are spent sleeping and 7 are spent in school. 
Another thing that has been going on in my life is dealing with the government shut down. I live in an area where lots of people work for the federal government, including both my parents. This means that everyone's been a bit stressed. Now I'm not going to go all political and preachy on everyone (even though I know I could) because I really feel like that's what everyone is doing. If there is one thing everyone in America can agree on is that a government shut down is not the right answer and hopefully this means it will be solved soon. 
In the meantime I will continue to work my butt off at school and hope thy things calm down soon. I hope everyone isn't as stressed or busy as I am. I will hopefully be posting soon as this wasn't extremely long. Ciao!

Comments

Popular Posts